I’m a highly perceptive Awards-winning Composer & Music Producer from Sweden, Europe.
I generally compose and think with a lot of depth and experience in several musical genres, but also for visual & musical symbolism.
My deep knowledge comes from extensive post-college music education*, as well as a life-long passion for music that moves both me and audiences.
The understanding that music & audio can be designed to trigger emotions & associations is also emphasized heavily in my works, and how closely correlating it can be for storytelling on higher levels.
Here are some of the music genres that I have educated knowledge, honed skills and a genuine interest in:
- Traditional Film scoring with in-depth music symbolism
- Modern Film scoring with Cinematic styles or Trailer elements
- All Classical music eras, (Romanticism & Impressionism being two that deeply has influenced Film scoring traditions, and that holds special places in my heart)
- “World Music“, e.g. “Celtic“, Middle-East, India, Far-East and more.
- Rock & Metal, especially melodic & progressive.
- Jazz & improvisation based music
- Meditative Music for relaxation. (Some call it “New age music“, although I’m not personally into all those ideas. But even an individual mind like me can appreciate relaxing sounds, especially if it’s got high production value & being musically appealing.)
- Soundscapes & Ambient drones (specific design for different aims)
- Electronic music (EDM hybrids, sci-fi and retro synths are all fun)
- Earlier Historical eras like Medieval music
- Contemporary Ballads, Musicals, mainstream modern Pop productions, Sing & Songwriting, Retro Pop & Folk and much more.
(I’m aware that the above genres & even specific eras aren’t isolated from each other either.)
Some of my highlight skills are composing for Piano, Rhythmical & Orchestral elements, finding Balance in Arrangements and Mixes, and ever improving skills for Mixing and Mastering.
Always with the highest attention to details. That’s just the way I am.
I am highly capable of achieving broadcast quality by now, to provide truly enhanced media experiences.
I think the attention to details is highly important, such as details in phrasing, melodies, chord changes, sound and mixing etc.
Sometimes I make complex and advanced pieces, even virtuoso elements, but that’s not always necessary.
It’s much more important to me to make the music versatile and natural flowing while making it correlate with the emotions of visual or storytelling concepts.
But I’ve also developed an interest for making quicker results too, like less complex speed composing lately.
For many years, I also have done plenty of research of numerous non-musical fields as well, but I feel it benefits my composing creativity greatly.
I could mention personal research made for various topics like history, cultures, nature, psychology, health & brain studies, science and education and much much more.
Everything with attempts of using multiple perspectives, traditions and kinds of sources. Something that I think is somewhat uncommon these days.
I’ll make site-streaming playlists with my different composing styles & genres to be available in the “LISTEN” menu whenever I’ve figured out the functions within my new website theme templates, so more to come soon.
I hope you wish to join me on the journeys I offer through my music!
- If you have any questions, enquiries or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Happy listening and analyzing!
Sincere regards / Fredrik
* Including 4 years at the Academy of Music and Drama, Gothenburg, Sweden